I started my career in journalism over 17 years ago, initially working for b2b magazines before landing a job at the consumer title Kitchens Bedrooms & Bathrooms Magazine (KBB). Over the next few years, I developed my knowledge of the interiors industry and was promoted to Deputy Editor in 2013.
My desire has always been to broaden my understanding of the interiors world and to forge a freelance career that spans various media and all areas of design. Having established myself as a freelance writer for Houzz and Dubai-based magazine identity, at the beginning of 2017 I left KBB to pursue my freelance career full-time.
My freelance work includes:
- Writing regular trend features for identity, Dubai’s only magazine dedicated to contemporary design, interiors, architecture and property.
- Producing copy for, photographers’ agent, ADesignFeatures. My work has featured in the Evening Standard, 25 Beautiful Homes, Coast, Period Living, Homes & Antiques and Living the Country Life (USA).
- Writing regular features for Houzz since its arrival in the UK in 2015. To date I have written a wide range of features covering every aspect of the home from large kitchen extensions to small space living.
- Producing content for Property Price Advice for the ‘Improving Your Home’ section of the website.
- My work has also appeared in Elle Decoration and Essential Kitchen Bathroom Bedroom (EKBB).